Dan M. Fergus Jr.
My father, Dan M. Fergus, Sr. was an oil and gas attorney. I worked for him when I graduated from law school. He taught me about title issues including how to prepare a Drilling Title Opinion and Division Order Title Opinion. He was a marvelous mentor-since he had extensive experience. I attempted to emulate his incredibly successful work ethic. He was a lawyer’s lawyer and we have continued to follow his example.
- RAHLEK, LTD. ET AL V ROBERT G. WELLS ET AL No. 11-17-00141-CV ELEVENTH COURT OF APPEALS (Opinion filed May 23, 2019) Fergus and Fergus LLP. represented Robert G. Wells et al
- GREEHEYCO, INC. V BROWN 565 S.W. 3d 309 (Tex. App. -Eastland 2019, no pet.) Fergus and Fergus LLP. represented GREEHEYCO, INC.
- LINNIE CARROLL YOUNG V PHOENIX FUND ET AL Case Number: 02-17-000202200 In the American Association of Arbitration; multi-million award in damages and 277 eagle ford shale acres to Linnie Carroll Young. Represented by Fergus and Fergus LLP. et al; Filed in cause number 26479 in the District Court of Gonzales County, Texas, 25th Judicial District
- SEVEN N. HOLDINGS, L.P. AND 7N OIL & GAS BONANZA, L.P., Appellants V. MATHIS & SONS, INC., Appellee; No. 11-12-00008-CV (Tex. App. -Eastland 2014, no pet) Fergus and Fergus LLP. Represented Mathis & Sons Inc.
- Melvin R. Storm Family Partners, LP v. Northcutt, No.11-05-00402-cr (Tex. App. -Eastland 2007) Fergus and Fergus LLP. Represented Melvin R. Storm Family Partners, LP
Areas of Practice
- Oil and Gas Law
- Family Law
- Business Organizations
Certified Legal Specialties
- Oil, Gas and Mineral Law, Texas Bar of Legal Specialization, 2004
- Texas, 1984
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1984
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 1987
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 2007
Tech University School of Law, Lubbock, Texas
- J.D. - 1983
- Honors: Legal Research Board
Methodist University, Dallas, Texas
- Major: Political Science (BA) 1980
- Major: Business (BBA) 1980
- D.W.R. Oil Co., Inc. Archer Petroleum Ltd,
- Mathis & Sons, Inc. Greeheyco, Inc.
- Sojourner Drilling Corp. Texas Pharchem, Inc.
- Tiburon Oil and Gas, Inc. Silver Oil & Gas Co, Inc.
- Supreme Energy Co., Inc. Salida Exploration LLC.
- West Inland Energy, Inc. 5L Properties, INC.
- Foundation Energy Management, LLC. RPW. OG, INC.
- RMB Operating, LLC. Texas Communications, INC.
- Tiburon Oil & Gas, INC. Subsurface Production, INC.
- Handy Ranch, LP. Abilene Assets, LLC.
- Torqmaster, LLC. Bustumonte Resources, LLC.
- Mako-Shaw Investments, LLC
Classes/Seminars: Dan M. Fergus Jr. gave a presentation at these seminars-
- Ownership of Mineral Rights Under Texas Law, 2009
- Locating and Understanding Easements and Rights of Way, 2010
- Pipeline Explosions-Title Issues, International Pipeline Conference, Calgary, Canada 2010
- Voluntary Pooling of Oil and Gas in Texas, 2011
Honors and Awards
- Legal Research Board - Texas Tech Law 1982-1983
- Silver Beaver Award Boy Scouts of America 2007-
- United Methodist Men President St.Paul United Methodist Church 2008-2014
- Fellow Texas Bar Foundation 2009
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas, Member, 1984 - Present
- Taylor County Bar Association, Member, 1984 - Present
- Texas Tech Law School Energy Law Advisory Member 2015-2019
- Fergus & Fergus, L.L.P., Partner
Tom Tourtollotte, Esq.
Rod Wetzel, Esq.
Doug Kittleson, Esq.
- Delta Theta Phi
- Alpha Tau Omega